What to Bring on Airplane for 6 Month Old Baby


I wish there was a simpler way to travel halfway across the country in less than 2 hours with a baby; but, there’s not. Flying on an airplane is honestly one of the most stressful experiences you have to go through as a parent. Although, we all have our reasons for putting up with it. I would assume that most of the time it’s to visit family; because that’s the one and only logical reason that would be worth the hassle – for me anyway.

Take My Advice

If you have the option to bring another adult with you (preferably a helpful one or the child’s other parent), a whole mound of stress will lift off of your shoulders. I always travel with my son’s daddy now. There was one flight that I went on alone when my son was about 4 months old, and it was a total NIGHTMARE. Talk about being aggravated and tired. I had to carry an almost 20lb baby across an entire airport (because I thought that maybe it would be easier without the stroller), and then I had to continue to hold him for almost 5 hours because of a flight delay. It was already past midnight and my son thought it’d be cool to be fully awake the entire time. Yea, that was not my best day. I’ve never been so damn grumpy and exhausted in my entire life. I learned a lot though! Especially one thing – USE THE STROLLER. It’s free to check at the gate and you get it right back within two steps off of the plane after landing.

Since that day happened, I am a lot more prepared before flying. When you have a kid, it’s always best to overpack. If you’re not sure about bringing something, pack it anyways.

Complete Baby Travel Supplies Check List – Carryon Luggage

·         Minimum of 4 diapers
·         Small pack of wipes
·         2 burp cloths or receiving blankets
·         1 medium cozy baby blanket
·         2 baby bottles
·         1 water bottle (buy after going through airport security)
·         Appropriate number of travel size formula packets
·         Adult neck rest cushion (you can use this to keep baby sitting in his own seat if he’s old enough)
·         1 toy or stuffed animal
·         Kid-sized headphones
·         Install a movie streaming app on your phone/tablet and download a kids movie (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, Youtube, Southwest Airlines app)
·         Teething ring
·         Pacifier (if your child takes one, use it when the plane is taking off and landing to keep their ears from hurting)
·         Small changing mat to lay on the changing table in a tiny airplane bathroom

·         Hand sanitizer!!!

Here are some other fun items to bring with you for baby's entertainment.

Chew Toys 










Nom Noms












Kiddy Headphones











Stuffies











Travel Size Formula Packets












Written by Cassandra Johnson
July 14, 2019

Comments